Osso Bucco Ingredients:
4 Veal Shanks (6 ounce cuts)
1 Cup Onion (chopped)
1/2 Cup Carrot (chopped)
3 Garlic Cloves
2 Sprigs Thyme
2 Tablespoons GF Flour
1 Tablespoon Butter (sweet)
1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
1 Teaspoon Tomato Paste
7 Ounces Beef Stock
1/2 Cup Parsley (chopped)
1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest (grated)
3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Mix Gremolata in a small bowl. set aside.
- In a large dutch oven (or pot) heat oil, add onion, carrot, and garlic. Make a few minutes, then remove oven from the fire.
- Same pot add butter. Dredge and season the veal well. Brown on both sides and remove.
- Add back the sautéed vegetables to the pot along with the wine. Cook 5 minutes then add thyme, tomato paste, beef stock, salt, and pepper. Add the veal back to the pot and bring it to a boil. Then cover, simmer on low for 45 minutes.
- Remove veal from the pot set aside (cover with foil to keep warm). Also remove thyme sprigs.
- Strain the sauce that has developed in a large bowl. then add it back to the pot. Reduce sauce for a few minutes, then add the veal back to the pot. This should give the veal a nice glaze. Optional to add vegetables back to the pot.
- To serve, place veal on plate, top with Gremolata. Serve along side Parmesan Polenta.
Shrimp and Corn Arancini Recipe
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
8 Cups Chicken Stock
1/2 Cup White Onion (fine dice)
1 Cup Arborio Rice
1 Cup Shrimp (small dice)
1/2 Cup Corn
1 Cup Corn Juice (5 ears of corn kernels pass through juicer)
1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
1 Tablespoon Mascarpone Cheese
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Chive
1 Tablespoon Scallions
1 Tablespoon Cilantro
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
1 Cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- In a pot heat the chicken stock.
- In a separate pot heat oil and add onions. sauté 1 minute.
- Add rice to the pot with the onions and yogurt (check out this link) and cook 3 minutes on medium/low heat.
- Ladle some hot chicken stock into the rice to barely cover. Keep stirring until almost all liquid is absorbed. Repeat this step until rice is done.
- Now add the corn and shrimp to the rice. Cook 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the corn juice. Cook til creamy.
- Turn off heat and add cheeses, butter, herbs, sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate at-least 1 hour.
- Roll out small balls of the rice mixture using an ice cream scoop.
- Dredge balls in gluten free flour, egg (beaten), then gluten free bread crumbs.
- Fry 2 minutes in 350 degree oil. Serve with spicy aioli or tartar sauce.